5 Moving Tips to Help You on Your Big Day
It’s been on the cards for months. You’ve been wanting to change your life for quite some time. That crossroads in your life has finally been reached and you have decided to move. Contracts have been singed and a move in date agreed. Now, what can you do to make the moving day run smoothly and for stress levels to be kept as low as possible. Anyone who has made a move before will agree that moving and preparing to move are two of the most stressful times in their lives, so here are 5 tips to help you along the way.
1. DRAW UP A PLAN – make a list of all the things you have to do and then put them in order. There are lots of things you need to think about when moving home, such as informing utility companies and authorities, finding a moving company, packing, cleaning up, saying good byes and many more. To be sure nothing is forgotten, write it all down and put it in some kind of order.
2. OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW – you’re moving to your new home and starting a new life so why not take this opportunity to get rid of the clutter and useless items that you’ve gathered over the years. We all do it, keep things because they “might come in useful one day”. But for most of us that day never comes and the pile in the garage just gets bigger and bigger. Hold a garage sale or donate the items to a worthy cause because there’s no point packing and transporting things that are going to sit in the garage for another 5 or 10 years.
3. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING FITS – take measurements and draw room plans to be sure that your items of furniture and electrical equipment will have a place in your new home. Don’t wait till the moving truck arrives with all your possessions, at your new location, before you decide where it’s all going to go.
4. PACK WITH FORETHOUGHT – get your packing supplies ready and pack your belongings with care. Wrap fragile items to ensure there are no breakages, mark the boxes so you know what they contain and don’t leave it all till the last minute. Tackle one room at a time being sure to pack the items you use most, last.
5. THERE ARE SOME ITEMS YOU WILL NEED STRAIGHT AWAY; PACK THESE IN A BOX SEPARATELY – imagine the scene: you’ve spent all day traveling to your new location and everyone is tuckered out. The last thing you want is to have to rummage through boxes looking for bedding, beverages and food. All you want is a bite to eat, something to drink and then to sleep. Make sure you can easily find the items you will need for a good nights sleep before you start your unpacking and move in, refreshed.
Now you’ve made all your preparations you should be ready for your big day but are you going to do the move yourself or use moving and storage services? Take the last step to ensuring a pleasant, stress-free move and call SAN ANTONIO OFFICE AND APT MOVER on (210)209 5227. We will be more than happy to assist you with what should be one of the most exciting days in your life.